As a result of Wisconsin Governor Tony Evers’ Safer At Home executive orders, Sundara Inn & Spa will be extending our temporary closure through April 23 unless otherwise directed.
Today we will begin the process of canceling and refunding reservations automatically through this new closure date. Please be patient as the Wisconsin Safer at Home order has put a strain on our call center and our ability to do refunds in a mass manner. You will receive a cancellation notice via email, and do not need to call. Please see our cancellation outline below so you know when to expect your refund:
- Guests with reservations between April 10-16 will be canceled and will be issued a full refund on the original form of payment during the week of March 30.
If you don’t see your refund by April 9 please call us at 888.735.8181.
- Guests with reservations between April 17-23 will be canceled and will be issued a full refund on the original form of payment during the week of April 5.
If you don’t see your refund by April 16 please call us at 888.735.8181.
Additional cancellations beyond April 23 may be necessary. If necessary, we will update our information here as well as on our social media pages as it becomes available.
Rest assured, all deposits will be returned and no cancellations fees will charged for those reservations affected by the closure.
If your reservation has not yet been cancelled and you would like to reschedule, please call us at 888.735.8181. We are currently accepting reservations for dates on/after April 24th. We encourage new reservations to be booked online at SundaraSpa.com in order to lessen the strain on our call center.
As we all know, this is an unprecedented time and we will get through this together. We can’t begin to describe how thankful we are and have always been for the support of the families who visit our properties and our employees. We look forward to re-opening soon so we can start making memories with all of you again.
We will continue to work with local, state, and federal officials and will provide updates as necessary through our website SundaraSpa.com and social media pages.
WHAT IS OUR TRAVEL CANCELLATION POLICY?
- Sundara Inn and Spa has a flexible cancellation policy that we hope will alleviate any stress and hesitation you have about an upcoming stay at Sundara.
- No matter your date of arrival, Sundara will honor a flexible cancellation policy and will refund your deposit in the form of a gift card.
HOW ARE WE HANDLING THE COVID-19 OUTBREAK?
- We are always committed to providing safe and healthy environments for our guests and to upholding the highest standards of cleanliness – even more so today.
- We have increased the number of hand-sanitizer dispensers and soap throughout the property, in all public areas, spa locker rooms, restaurant, restrooms as well as in all employee work areas.
- We have put precautionary and response measures in place that are helping us continue providing a safe and clean environment at Sundara;
- Comprehensive COVID-19 guidance is in place, detailing how to protect against transmission of the virus (including implementing hand-sanitizer stations and frequent cleaning of high-touch areas), and procedures in case there is a suspected or confirmed case among our guests or employees.
- We are constantly monitoring the coronavirus updates and will respond based on the advice of governments, public health authorities, and medical professionals.
WHAT IS THE CLEANING PROTOCOL FOR SPA TREATMENTS AND SPA THERAPISTS?
- All spa therapists prepare for treatment by sanitizing their hands (and any tools used for service) in front of guests with anti-bacterial, anti-microbial wipes and soap.
- All linens that come in contact with guests are fully laundered between uses in an on-site facility with commercial-grade detergents.
- Any items that are subject to guest contact are fully sanitized between services and treatments.
- Hand-sanitizer dispensers are available at the spa desk, within each treatment room, and within the locker rooms for guest and employee use.
WHAT IS THE SANITATION PROTOCOL FOR WELLNESS ACTIVITIES & FITNESS?
- We have a dedicated team of colleagues who are increasing the frequency of wiping down and sanitizing yoga mats with disinfecting wipes between each class, as well as floors and all fitness equipment including weights, machines, and stretch bands.
- Additionally, our team is offering towels for guests at each fitness station to cover all mats, weights, machines, etc. while in use.
- Hand-sanitizer dispensers and wipes are available for use in both yoga and fitness areas.
HOW ARE SUNDARA GUEST ROOMS CLEANED? WHAT IS THE SUNDARA HOUSEKEEPING CLEANING PROCESS?
- We continue to service all rooms twice daily and to sanitize all surfaces and floors with hospital-grade disinfectant. All linens, including sheets, towels, and blankets are cleaned on site following the State Health Departments’ guidelines, which includes an anti-bacterial component.
- Sheets are fully sanitized through in-house laundry facility with high-temperature washes and commercial-grade detergents.
High-traffic common areas are following enhanced cleaning protocols for high-touch items (door handles, elevator buttons, telephones), supported by increased inspection by all associates.
Regarding pools and hot tubs, here is the statement from the Centers for Disease Control: “There is no evidence that COVID‐19 can be spread to humans through the use of pools and hot tubs. Proper operation, maintenance, and disinfection (e.g., with chlorine and bromine) of pools and hot tubs should remove or inactivate the virus that causes COVID‐19.” Sundara pools and hot tubs are treated with chlorine and meet state and industry standards.
HOW DO WE ENSURE SANITATION IN OUR DINING SPACES AND FOOD & BEVERAGE?
- Sundara Inn and Spa will only offer room service at this time. All food and beverage service outside of in-room delivery has been suspended including the Cambrian Oasis bar.
- We continue to follow the CDC guidelines as they relate to food service.
- We work in accordance with all Wisconsin state and local food safety guidelines to ensure safe food and beverage service standards are being maintained.
- Within each of our dining and food & beverage outlets, we are taking the required steps to combat the corona virus with regards to sanitation.
- We consistently utilize a Quat Sanitizer in all food & and beverage preparation areas.
- These cleaners are being used on all tables and surface areas in the dining room, and counters along with the prep tables and surfaces inside all kitchens.
- Retraining on hand washing and proper glove use has been disseminated department-wide.
- Hand-sanitizer dispensers are located at every sink to be used in conjunction with antimicrobial hand soap.
- In addition to this the kitchen teams are required to sanitize the work area between each task as well as a complete stop, drop, and sanitize every two hours.
As our guest, we encourage you to follow guidance offered by the Centers for Disease Control as it pertains to prevention and treatment, and review the latest updates from Wisconsin’s Department of Health Services. U.S. health officials are urging the same personal best practices that are standard for flu season – frequent washing of hands; avoiding contact with eyes, nose and mouth; covering coughs and sneezes; and limiting exposure to other sick people.
We have a strict prevention program in place for staff that includes not reporting to work when demonstrating any cold or flu‐like symptoms. Absenteeism related to illness is reported to our risk management team for monitoring.
We are looking forward to brighter days ahead when we can again focus on providing an energizing and relaxing spa experience.
Together in wellness!
Your Sundara Family