We cherish our 80-acre pine forest and look to tread lightly on the earth.
To live up to that intention, we are:
- a seed member of the Green Spa Network, a non-profit organization that promotes the natural connection between personal well-being, economic sustainability, and the health of the planet
- certified by Travel Green Wisconsin, a voluntary program designed to protect the natural beauty and vitality of the place we call home
- a participant in the Global Soap Project, providing discarded soap from our suites to be processed into new soap bars that are then distributed to vulnerable populations around the world
- a TripAdvisor® Platinum level GreenLeader™, the highest level for their environmental travel standards
We thought you’d appreciate knowing the other ways, large and small, that help us leave a lighter footprint:
- We emphasize organic and fair trade spa products sourced from around the world. Examples include Amala skincare, Voya skincare, Jane Iredale makeup, and Organic Male OM4. Even our signature Sundara Body Polish incorporates ancient Cambrian-era sand discovered when excavating for Sundara.
- Our suites feature bulk spa products rather than toss-away bottles.
- The mechanical systems are high efficiency.
- We have a robust recycling program and ask guests to consider reuse of towels and linens.
- We grow herbs and vegetables in our organic kitchen garden.
- We participate in Community Supported Agriculture farm partnerships.
- Our dairy products come from Organic Valley, headquartered in Wisconsin and certified 100% organic and our fruit is organic too.
- Our infinity pool and soak baths use the minimum amount o purification chemicals required by the state.
- Light pollution is controlled to protect nocturnal animals.
- We preserved as many pine trees and indigenous plants as possible during construction.
- The villas were built with sustainable building practices and include thoughtful architectural design features to reduce electricity use.
- Easy-on-the-environment silent sports like hiking, biking, snowshoeing and cross-country skiing the land define the experience here.