We cherish our 80-acre pine forest and look to tread lightly on the earth.
To live up to that intention, we are:
- a seed member of the Green Spa Network, a non-profit organization that promotes the natural connection between personal well-being, economic sustainability, and the health of the planet
- certified by Travel Green Wisconsin, a voluntary program designed to protect the natural beauty and vitality of the place we call home
- a TripAdvisor® Platinum level GreenLeader™, the highest level for their environmental travel standards
We thought you’d appreciate knowing the other ways, large and small, that help us leave a lighter footprint:
- We emphasize organic and fair trade spa products sourced from around the world. Our signature Sundara Body Polish incorporates ancient Cambrian-era sand discovered when excavating for Sundara. Our Signature products are crafted locally.
- Emienence Organics, plants one tree for every product purchased from them.
- Our suites feature bulk spa products rather than toss-away bottles.
- We do not use plastic trash bags in our suites. Trash is collected into one large bag and sorted.
- We use 100% tree free paper or recycled paper whenever possible.
- The mechanical systems are high efficiency.
- Sundara, by design, boasts many large windows both in common areas and suites so that natural light is able to shine through. Reducing the need for electricity and some heating.
- We have a robust recycling program and ask guests to consider reuse of towels, robes and linens.
- We grow herbs and vegetables in our organic kitchen garden.
- We participate in Community Supported Agriculture farm partnerships.
- Our dairy products come from Organic Valley, headquartered in Wisconsin and certified 100% organic and our fruit is organic too.
- Our infinity pool and soak baths use the minimum amount of purification chemicals required by the state.
- Light pollution is controlled to protect nocturnal animals.
- We preserved as many pine trees and indigenous plants as possible during construction.
- The villas were built with sustainable building practices and include thoughtful architectural design features to reduce electricity use.
- Easy-on-the-environment silent sports like hiking, biking, kayaking, stand up paddle boarding, snowshoeing and cross-country skiing the land define the experience here.